The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) and Performing Arts Centre of the Free State, are offering part-time training opportunity to individuals who wish to train as scriptwriters in the film and television arena.
The successful candidates will go through an intensive SEDIBA “Spark” Screenwriting Training Programme where they will be provided with the screenwriting tools to develop engaging stories that have the potential to be feature films.
This part-time training programme will run for 5 months, comprising of one workshop per month held during weekends, with final course deliverables to be sent in by participants one month after the last workshop.
Workshops will be in the Free State province.
Selected participants will have to attend all five workshops of which dates will be communicated in due course.
The programme will be at no cost to selected participants.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or some experience in the film and television industry
- One page synopsis of your idea for a film
- Motivational letter to include what inspired your idea, why you would like to be in the film and television industry and what your future career path is.
- A comprehensive CV
- Broad knowledge of current trends in contemporary fiction, theatrical films and TV Drama
- A creative imagination
- Excellent computer skills
- Good negotiation skills