Closing Date: 04 December 2017
The Department of Trade and Industry invites graduates to apply for internship opportunities for a period of 12 months commencing 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
Interns will receive a monthly stipend of R6 000.00 in accordance with their highest qualification at the time of appointment.
Through the Internship Programme, the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) is committed to providing opportunities for qualifying candidates to gain skills, knowledge and experience, whilst at the same time, positioning themselves for active and meaningful participation in the labour market. Aspiring Public Servants who share the vision of the dti of a dynamic industrial, globally competitive South African economy, characterised by inclusive growth and development, decent employment and equity and who value intellectual and operational excellence, as well as quality relationships, are encouraged to apply for this exciting programme.
Applications are invited from unemployed South African citizens aged between 18 and 35 years, who have completed a 3-year National Diploma / Degree or an equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification in any of the fields of study listed below:
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Developmental Economics
- Computer Science
- Development Studies
- Software Development
- Agricultural Economics
- Office Administration / Management
- International Relations / Trade
- Project Management
- Law / LLB
- Quantity Surveyor / Building Science
- Internal Audit / Auditing
- Mining Equipment
- Human Resources Development
- Financial Accounting / Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management Accounting
- Industrial Psychology / Social Work
- Demand Acquisition Management
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- Business Administration / Management
- Public Administration / Management
- Public Relations
Applicants who have already participated in any Government Internship Programme will not be considered and if it is found that this was the case after appointment, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect.
- Applications must either be submitted online, delivered to the dti campus or via the post.
- Applications must be made on a signed Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service department (online application has Z83 built in and does not require a separate Z83 to be completed) and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualification (including Matric Certificate), academic record and Identity Document (scanned copies must be uploaded and attached to online applications). Failure to provide required documents will disqualify applicants.
- No late applications will be considered
- With the exception of a few positions in the dti’s regional offices, the majority of the internship opportunities are based in Pretoria
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- All qualifications will be subjected to verification
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only
The Department of Trade and Industry is committed to the achievement of and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability.
How To Apply
By post to the Registry Office, The Department of Trade and Industry, Private Bag x84, Pretoria, 0001
Hand-delivered to the dti Campus, corner of Meintjies and Robert Sobukwe Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Please direct all internship programme queries to: Nonhlanhla Sindane at (012) 394-1632 or Benzi Thobane (012) 394-3040
Alternatively, for online application queries, please contact us on (012) 394-1809 or (012) 394-1835 or (012) 394-1563
If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsucces