ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence we do our best to recruit, select, develop, place, and retain young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows us to write the future together. Working for ABB South Africa as an Engineering Student you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
Our P1&P2 Programme is aligned to University Curriculum and Requirements for you to obtain your Diploma after completion. We also cover the costs for your First Aid and Safety training which are important for your university requirements.
You must studying towards your National Diploma in any of the areas mentioned above. You must have completed your S1, S2, S3 and S4 with a good academic record with a stamped P1&P2 Request Letter from your University. In addition to the hunger to learn, you should demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, creativity, innovation complemented with solid interpersonal and leadership skills and high self-confidence – this would make you the ideal candidate.
N.B: Please attach your academic record and Stamped P1 & P2 Request letter from your University. Your application will be immediately disqualified it is without these two documents.
Engineering Student (P1&P2) Trainee Programme:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Control and Instrumentation.
For the 2018 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas for which we have highly structured rotation metrics:
- Electrical Engineering: You will learn the Testing of Switchgear on all MV (Medium Voltage Products)areas. Primary, Secondary, Modular and Service area, Testing of Traction Transformers, Working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgear and CAD drawings.
- Mechanical Engineering: You will learn Basic design and drafting of motors, basic electrical and mechanical workings on electric motor, and project coordination.
- Control and Instrumentation: You will learn about our Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators, Design and Commissioning of DCS
- Industrial Engineering: You will get learn our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.