Internship Application deadline is 15 January 2018
Internship Provider: Vodacom
Internship Location: Vodacom Midrand and Vodacom regional Offices
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 60 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
The objective of the Vodacom Internship Programme is to:
- Develop a talent pipeline of skilled individuals for the core business areas within Vodacom; and to
- Create an opportunity for unemployed graduates with the required qualifications to develop competencies in the telecommunications environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- 3 year qualification – Degree or Diploma with specialization in:
- o Engineering (Electrical Engineering Light Current),
- o Technical diploma (S4, T3, N6)
- o Sales & Marketing
- o BCom Finance
- o Information Technology
- o Human Resources
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
In additional to the above listed requirements, the candidate must:
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID
- Aged between 18 – 25 years
Young South African citizens living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A medical certificate confirming disability from a registered medical practitioner will be required
HOW TO APPLY